This contest is sponsored by Status Research & Development GmbH (“Status”), a limited liability company registered at Baarerstrasse 10, 6302 Zug, Switzerland.
This contest (the “Contest”) is available to participants who (i) are at least as old as the minimum age of majority in the jurisdiction from which they enter the Contest and (ii) comply with the participation requirements below.
Since prizes will be managed individually, Status must limit the Contest to one hundred (100) people. The participants will be chosen on a first-come basis as follows: 25 South Korea, 25 Latin America, and 50 miscellaneous locations.
Employees, contractors, vendors, and contributors of Status or its agents including affiliates, subsidiaries, representatives, advertising, promotion, and publicity agencies and immediate family members or persons living in the same household of Status’s agents are not eligible.
The Contest is subject to all applicable laws and regulations and void where prohibited. By participating in the Contest, you signify full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules.
Unfortunately, US residents are not eligible for this competition.
The application period begins on Tuesday, August 10, 2021 at 9:00 CEST and ends on Thursday, August 19, 2021 at 18:00 CEST. The application period can be closed before the stated end date, as soon as one hundred (100) entrants have been registered as participants.
The Contest begins on closing of the application period and ends on the last Individual Node end date (of all 100 participants).
IMPORTANT NOTICE TO ENTRANTS: YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR DETERMINING THE APPLICABLE CONTEST ENTRY PERIOD TIMES IN YOUR TIME ZONE.
- Phase 1 - To apply to enter the Contest during the application period, complete the form located at the following URL and be sure to answer all questions:
By submitting your entry, you agree that it conforms to these Official Rules, including the Guidelines and Restrictions below, and that Status may disqualify you from the Contest if Status believes, in our sole discretion, that your entry fails to conform to these Official Rules.
If you’re accepted for the Contest, you’ll be contacted by Status via the Status App. You’re the sole person responsible for providing correct contact information; Status won’t be responsible if you provide incorrect or incomplete contact information.
Phase 2 - If you’re chosen to participate in the Contest, you can win the prize by completing this challenge:
First: Launch your Status node by:
a) Join the “Node Runner” intro call or watch the recorded tutorial on how to set up your node
b) Join the #status-node-runners channel for support.
Next: Share your “enode” identifier with Status via the Status App so we can validate that you have launched your own Status node (the “Individual Node”). The Individual Node start date begins on the date when Status has confirmed to you (via the Status App) that the Individual Node is active.
Last: You must maintain the active Individual Node for at least three (3) months constantly (from the Individual Node start date) and on an uninterrupted basis.
If you complete the challenge by keeping the Individual Node active for three (3) months from the Individual Node start date, you’ll be a winner eligible for the prize.
Status will notify all winners via the Status App within ten (10) business days of the end of the Contest. You’ll have ten (10) days to respond to the notification and to provide a valid ERC20 token supported wallet address.
USD $100 in Status Network Tokens (“SNT”)
Prizes will be transferred in SNT only and only to a valid wallet address. This is a nonnegotiable condition to receive the prize. If you don’t specify and provide your wallet timely, you’ll forfeit the prize.
Participation in the Contest (setting up an Individual Node) is free.
You must have a machine running Linux or MacOS.
You may also choose to utilize cloud providers such as Amazon Web Services (AWS) or Azure.
You may run as many nodes as you choose, but you’re only eligible to receive one prize. For the avoidance of doubt, only one prize will be given to each successful participant, and any additional Individual Nodes won’t be considered to participate in the Contest.
Any Individual Node generated by script, macro, or other automated means will not be considered to participate in the Contest. You are responsible for providing your own computers, software, memberships, subscriptions, and other equipment necessary to participate in the Contest, and Status and its agents are not responsible for any kind of failure regarding the setup of the Individual Node or the computer equipment used to participate in the Contest.
You acknowledge and agree that, as a result of your participation in the Contest, you’re not receiving any compensation or incentive. Successful participants will only be granted a prize.
- In the event of a dispute regarding any entry, the enode owner will be deemed to be the entrant or participant.
By participating in this Contest, you agree:
To the extent allowable under applicable law and, in Switzerland, subject to and without excluding, restricting, or modifying any rights or remedies to which you may be entitled as a consumer under the consumer guarantee provisions of the Swiss Consumer Law in relation to the operation of the Contest and any prize won, to release and hold harmless Status and its officers, directors, employees, agents, and representatives from any and all liability or any injury, loss, damage, right, claim, or action of any kind (including attorneys’ fees) arising from or in connection with this Contest or any Contest-related activity or the receipt, possession, use, or misuse of any prize won, including but not limited to your breach of intellectual property rights, dishonesty, defamation, violation of data privacy rights, or non-compliance with advertising guidelines in any jurisdiction.
The Contest is governed by and interpreted in accordance with the substantive laws of Switzerland. You agree that any dispute arising under these Official Rules will be resolved in the appropriate courts of Switzerland, and you hereby submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the Switzerland courts, provided that the entrant will not be deprived of his or her statutory rights and legal protection as a consumer granted by the laws of their country of residence.
- Status reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Contest, or any part of it, if any fraud, technical failures, or any other factor impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Contest, as determined by Status in its sole discretion. If terminated, Status may, in its sole discretion, determine the winners from among all non-suspect, eligible entries received up to the time of such action using the judging procedure outlined above. Status, in its sole discretion and without notice, reserves the right to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or those of any other Contest or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner and void all associated entries. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Status reserves the right to seek damages and other remedies (including attorneys’ fees) from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Status’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
- Winners are responsible for any applicable expenses, taxes, fees, and costs on prizes. You acknowledge that the prize represents the entire reward with respect to this Contest, and Status shall have no other obligation for any other reward, royalties, expenses, taxes, fees, or costs incurred by successful participants.
- You acknowledge and agree that the purpose of this Contest is to raise awareness of the Status App and is in no way related to sales, solicitation, or promotion of the SNT token or any cryptocurrency. Successful participants who receive SNT as a prize agree to adhere to the “SNT Creation and Status Project Creation Conditions: Explanatory Note & Governance Terms of Status Research & Development GmbH” which can be found at https://contribute.status.im/status-terms.pdf.
You acknowledge and agree as follows:
Status is a Swiss entity, not located in the United States of America (U.S.), that conducts global marketing campaigns but does not conduct business activities within the U.S., District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, the U.S. Virgin Islands, and all other U.S. territories and possessions, as well as all Singapore Embargoed Countries (collectively, the “Prohibited Areas”).
The Contest and the engagement of the participants is not being sought to conduct business activities in the Prohibited Areas, and although you may be located or have nationality in a Prohibited Area (whether now or at some future time, as the case may be), you t shall not conduct business with, market to, or solicit sales from citizens or residents in Prohibited Areas on behalf of Status.
You agree and acknowledge that, as consequence of this Contest, your participation shall not subject Status or any of its officers, directors, employees, agents, or representatives to jurisdiction in any Prohibited Area under any circumstance.
Participants who are legal residents or citizens of a Prohibited Area cannot participate in the Contest nor receive any Reward.
You further acknowledge that during the Status ICO, U.S. citizens and residents were not eligible to receive SNT, and if you participated in such ICO, you adhered to the SNT terms and conditions which can be found at https://contribute.status.im/status-terms.pdf.
- These Official Rules are legally binding in English, and waive any and all rights to translation of the text of this Agreement into any other language.