There are 3 stages of our hiring process: application, assessment and decision.
Application: To apply, you send us your CV and any other supporting information (cover letter, portfolio, website links, etc) and we use that data to determine which candidates we should invite for assessment. At this stage we’re looking to see if you have relevant experience, a passion for blockchain technology, open-source software and cryptocurrencies and align with our principles (https://our.status.im/our-principles).
Assessment: If we determine there’s a good match, we’ll invite you to have an initial interivew. In the first initial call we’ll be looking to understand your background, skills, interests & motivation for joining Status. We’ll also share more about life at Status, answer any questions you have and describe the recruiting process in detail. If successful, from here you’ll start to meet more contributors to Status via either interviews or assessments (depending on the role we’ll trying to fill).
Decision: At this point, we’ll make a decision on whether we believe you’d be the right fit for Status - we take into account all the information gathered from your application and assessment stages. If successful, we’ll make you an offer to join the team. We’ll offer you a salary (in a mix of fiat and crypto) as well as a Contributor Bonus that will be paid in Status Network Tokens (SNT). Depending on the role, your location and your preference we’re open to hiring employees, contractors or freelancers.
Top 5 tips for applying to Status:
- Download the Status app (https://status.im/get/) and get a feel for what we’re building. We’d love to hear your feedback on the app during the interviews.
- Take a look at some of the videos we’ve published that show the features and use-cases we’re developing.
- Be passionate about the potential of blockchain and cryptocurrency technology - we’re looking for people that share our excitement for the future of the web.
- Status is an open-source community - contributing this way is a quick and easy way to get to know us, and experience what it’s like to work remotely with a group of like-minded peers across the globe.
- If you’re really interested in working with us, but don’t see the perfect job - email us (firstname.lastname@example.org) a copy of your CV and let us know what you’re interested in.